Modular Reporting Framework
● MS100 is a new reporting framework for schedule & cost reporting at Project, Program, Portfolio, and Enterprises Levels.
● MS100 is modular in nature, and has been developed, tested, and implemented by
Stoneboy Inc. to standardize project reporting, especially schedule reporting.
● In this framework, up to 100 standardized data points (milestones) are used to capture,
and report the beginning or end of important steps in a project’s life cycle.
● Pre-defined, and standardized Milestones (Milestone activity description). The framework
fills a gap by providing standardized milestones in the absence of a structured or
● The primary enablers of this framework are standardization of data, modular structure of
data, and replication of data / data grouping.
● In 2019, MS100 Buildings was rolled out for the wider project management community.
However, the framework has been tested, and used successfully on a large number
of projects since 2016.
● A set of predefined and specialized reporting
milestones are embedded in distinct schedule
WBS headings called 'modules.' In this way,
all the WBS headings, sub-heading,
sub-sub-headings, etc. are connected in a
● Abbreviations used:
○ MSB - Begin Milestone (or Start Milestone)
○ MSF - Finish Milestone
● In MS100, the ID for milestones have been
standardized. For example:
○ MS1 (Project Start)
○ MS2 (Contract Award MSF)
○ MS14 (Design CD MSF)
○ MS17 (Building Permit MSF)
○ MS31 (Mobilization MSF)
○ MS40 (Construction MSB)
○ MS70 (Completion & Closeout MSB)
○ MS80 (TCO - Temp Certificate of Occupancy MSF)
○ MS85 (Substantial Performance MSF)
○ MS100 (Project Finish)
● MS100 offers a set of up to 100 pre-deﬁned, standardized milestones for
reporting at Project, Program, Portion, and Enterprise Levels.
● With MS100, schedule reporting becomes simple, and painless.
● Use of MS100 on multiple projects (or all the projects) can help firms to standardize their
● Firms which use MS100 on multiple projects can have an apples-to-apples comparison of
progress for all such projects.
● With MS100, delay analysis / time impact analysis can be expedited, and can result in
substantial savings in time, and cost for the effort.
● With MS100, firms can upgrade their organization wide project management capabilities.
For example, MS100 can help firms in harnessing efficiencies of Program Management
● MS100 is easy to understand, and does not require specialist skills.
● MS100 is easy to on-board on new, as well as existing projects. It is simple enough to be
used by the existing project personnel.
● MS100 data from multiple projects can be used for reporting solutions at Program,
Portfolio, and Enterprise Levels.
● MS100 can provide performance metric functionality, as well as universal key performance
indicators (KPIs) for Project, Program, Portfolio, Enterprise levels.
● The framework offers the functionality of a Universal KPI (Key Performance Indicator).